Meet Teena Garcia
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
I graduated with a Master of Science degree in Marital and Family Therapy from Loma Linda University in 2001 and became registered as a psychologist in 2002.
After I received my license, I worked at The Family Centre for five years. From there, I went to CASA for seven years and dealt with adolescents and their families who experienced complex mental health isssues and multiple situational stressors. I enoyed the team environment and working with psychiatrists, nurses and social workers. In 2012, I began contract work as a Senior Psychologist for Insight Psychological and started my own private practice in Leduc. I recently expanded my private practice to St. Albert December 2020.
Some of the issues I deal with include:
- First responder trauma
- Veterans Affairs
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Childhood Trauma and Abuse
- Various Dissociative States of Trauma
- Anxiety Disorders:Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Panic Disorder (Panic Attacks), Bruxism
- Mood Disorders: Depression and Bipolar
- Adult ADHD
- Separation/Divorce, Mid-Life transition, Job change
I sometimes see adolescents, but the majority of my clientelle are adults. If there is an issue not listed on here, please contact me.
And remember, you have many strengths and solutions within that may go unnoticed during times of doubt.